LifePoint Health Pharmacy Technician- PRN in Warrenton, Virginia
Description - External
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance, and support for the registered pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems. Maintains a working knowledge of the functions of automated dispensing systems.
- Fills medication carts daily.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Restocks emergency drugs in crash carts and stat boxes accurately and efficiently.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Maintains clean and sterile environment within the intravenous admixture area, including clean room.
- Routinely washes with appropriate germicidal solutions all hoods, counters, carts, and all other equipment that will be used within the work area. Properly disposes of all materials used in the preparation of chemotherapy and IV additive medications.
- High school diploma required.
Minimum Work Experience
- Healthcare experience, hospital environment preferred
*Required Skills *
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or a graduate of a state approved pharmacy technician training program.
- Must successfully receive registration as a pharmacy technician within 9 months of hire.
Job: *Update to valid job fielda
Title: Pharmacy Technician- PRN
Requisition ID: 7465-4112