Cardinal Health Pharmacist II - Mail Order Pharmacy in Twinsburg, Ohio
- Give advice and assist doctors in matters relating to durable medical equipment (DME) and medications to the patient.
- Supervise Pharmacy Technician staff and day-to-day administrative duties.
- Provides intake services and setup for all new patients; Coordinates the patient's care with physician offices, nurses, pharmacists and patients.
- Answer the queries of the patients about diabetic and urological supplies
- Performs insurance verification, both major medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Coordinates prescription deliveries and refills for patients.
- Supports other team members in the healthcare team.
- Ensures a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by proactively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
- Maintains current documentation related to the patients DME and pharmacy care plan. Flags issues that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions to issues with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Actively participates in roundtable discussions with Pharmacists and Technicians to review cases and related pharmacy care plan issues.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Develops business requirements and creates work instructions for client implementations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of prescription interpretation
- Skill in application of attention to detail
- Skill in both verbal and written instructions, and communication
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to present a positive and professional image
- PharmD degree
- 2-4 years of retail or long-term care pharmacy experience
- Current/valid Ohio licensed Pharmacist in good standing
- Multistate licensure, preferred or ability to acquire licenses upon request in the first 12 months.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred but not required
- Certification in diabetic education, preferred but not required
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs