HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II PRN in Tomball, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a*Pharmacy Technician II PRN *to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, Texas
Pharmacy Technician II PRN – Pharmacy
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Pharmacy Technician II personnel assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory, maintenance of records, and perform Pharmacy audits. Pharmacy technician personnel always work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Pyxis – Fills and delivers the daily Pyxis batch, works the medications not loaded report and processes the loads and unloads accurately and in a timely manner.
- Stock refilling – Refills crash cart and anesthesia trays, RSI and Endo Kits, Heart Box, etc. accurately and in a timely manner
- Process discharges and transfers – Completes all discharges, credits appropriately and returns meds to stock. Completes all transfers by moving meds and IV’s appropriately.
- Inventory Maintenance – Uses short book appropriately with complete item description and any additional helpful information. Puts wholesaler order and purchasing order away by end of shift. Completes the Omnicell counts on a daily basis. Recommends additions and deletions to stock in pharmacy or Pyxis
What qualifications you will need:
- Completion of two or more years of active hospital duties or is a graduate of a certified technician training program/healthcare careers college
- One year of hospital experienceis required
- Completionof a minimum 40 hours ACPE approved training in IV solution preparation and sterile techniques.
- Must be acertified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) and registered as required with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must have IV Certification HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II PRN
Location: Texas-Tomball-HCA Houston Tomball
Requisition ID: 26910-133692