University of Toledo Certified Pharmacy Tech II - Outpatient Pharmacy (Req2356) in Toledo, Ohio
Certified Pharmacy Tech II - Outpatient Pharmacy (Req2356)
Employment Type:Staff - Regular
Employee Class:Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
Work Hours:0700 - 1530
Hours Per Week:40
Number of Openings:1
Salary Range:$ 17.20 - 19.81
Grade:Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U36
Position Control Number (PCN):H93745
Posting Period:12/4/2020 - open until filled
The Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in processing and filling prescriptions in the outpatient pharmacy in a manner which promotes high quality, cost effective, professional standards of patient care. This position assists the pharmacist in promoting, maintaining and facilitating quality outpatient pharmacy services in compliance with laws s et forth by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. They collaborate and communicate with patients, caregivers, health care professionals and the public to enhance the patient experience. Performs other duties as required. The Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II completes other duties as assigned.
· Must have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with a strong background in math and science
· Must hold current and unrestricted registration with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Technician or Pharmacy Intern
· Technician certification required by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or equivalent
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively, professionally and courteously with other health care professionals, patients and members of the University community
· Knowledge of metric system, along with names, strength and dosage forms of medications, and common medical abbreviations
· Recent experience in outpatient or retail pharmacy service preferred
· Strong computer skills required
· Knowledge of purchasing and inventory management skills
· Knowledge of third party insurance billing
· Provide excellent customer service and present a positive public image
· Must be able to withstand pressure due to work volume, interruptions, pace, job variety with an expected degree of accuracy
This employee works in a busy retail setting requiring a high degree of professionalism and precision. It can be stressful at times. The employee in this position is expected to alternately deal with a variety of tasks including customer service, phone calls and dispensing functions. Physical demands include standing or walking for most of the working day, and lifting not more than 50 pounds.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for anaccommodation request (https://www.utoledo.edu/depts/hr/webforms/reasonable-accommodation-request-form.html) .
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support at Main Park Campus or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.
To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the University of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, effective July 1, 2019, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus Medical Center requires all candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirements will include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other required health screenings. Any employment offer is conditional upon successful completion of a cotinine test.