HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician Specialist in Thornton, Colorado
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At North Suburban Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Pharmacy Technician Specialist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Pharmacy Technician Specialist with us:
- You will fill unit dose cassettes
- You will enter and fill unit and physician orders
- You will produce labels and prepares IV admixtures
- You will charge and reconcile billing documents
- You will audit supplies in nursing units
- You will prepare medications and enter medication orders in computer
- You will stock and distribute pharmacy supplies when needed
- You will be responsible for ordering, control, dispensing, preparing, delivering, filing documents, reconciliation, and destroying controlled substances within the facility
- You will possess extended automation and Pyxis troubleshooting capabilities, as well as, participate in at least one workflow optimization team
- You will be willing and able to fill-in for at least one of the following-Narc Tech, Buyer, IV Lead
- You will be willing to train in said areas where lacking in experience
- You will maintain at least one active project during the employment year
- You will be the primary trainers for new technician employees
- You will be required to present at least one educational program for technicians each year
- You will be responsible for assisting in competency development and implementation
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT or national equivalent) with Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Pharmacy Technician certificate, or Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Provisional Pharmacy Technician Certificate. If initially hired with a Colorado Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Provisional Pharmacy Technician Certificate, must achieve Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT or national equivalent) within 12 months of hire date.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal technician training course preferred. CE required for continued certification
- Two-four years’ experience as a pharmacy technician preferred
North Suburban Medical Center is the highest-quality hospital in north Denver. As a member of the HealthONE family of hospitals, North Suburban is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures each of the last five years. In addition, North Suburban is the only hospital in north Denver to receive an “A” rating on the Leapfrog Group’s biannual patient safety ratings the last nine surveys. North Suburban has been honored by the Women’s Choice Awards as one of America’s Best ERs and one of America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety. Licensed for 157 beds, North Suburban is located in Thornton, Colorado, a 10-minute drive from downtown Denver.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician Specialist
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-101859