HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician PRN in Tampa, Florida
You've put years of hard work, education and training into establishing a great career for yourself. Your compassion and commitment to quality care have placed you among the best in the profession. Now it's time to enjoy the incomparable rewards of a career with us.
Come join our team of dedicated professionals at Memorial Hospital in the beautiful Tampa Bay area! Here, you can enjoy beautiful year around climate with an abundance of cultural and outdoor activities as well as the nation’s top beaches.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it’s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
For more than 35 years, our 201 bed hospital has served northwest Hillsborough and northwest Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare with a focus on customer service through amenities that include all private rooms and room service.
Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
We offer a great place to work, competitive salary and excellent benefits:
Medical, Dental and vision Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Extended Illness Bank, 401k and student loa repayment. / /
//Following physicians' orders, thePharmacy Techassists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Position tasks and responsibilities include://
- Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist.
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT)
- State certification as a Pharmacy Tech
- Previous pharmacy tech experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Tampa-Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Requisition ID: 27500-7441