Cardinal Health Technician I, Nuclear Pharmacy in San Diego, California
Job title: Technician I, Nuclear Pharmacy
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
This position is part of Cardinal Health’s Nuclear Pharmacy business within the Pharmaceutical Segment.
Cardinal Health's pharmaceutical segment operates the world's largest network of nuclear pharmacies and is expanding its positron emission tomography (PET) agent manufacturing capabilities. For over a quarter of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. This business is responsible for manufacturing, dispensing and delivering products that aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 150 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence. Because of this commitment, our customers and their patients benefit from the latest, safest, most efficient methods of dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of radiopharmaceutical compounding and dispensing procedures
- Follows basic radiation safety principles as outlined in the corporate radiation safety manual
- Follows established guidelines for the dispensing of routine prescription orders, under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist
- Follows established guidelines for delivery routing
- Assists in non-dispensing activities
- Follows established guidelines for the operation of survey meters, dose calibrators and wipe test analyzers, under direct supervision
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Accountabilities in this role
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy.
Many of your duties will include:
- Shift: Saturday through Wednesday with a 3am start time but schedule can rotate based on business need
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- High school degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Ability to lift 55 lbs required
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician is highly preferred
- National Pharmacy Technician Certifications is preferred
- Flexibility to work various shifts is preferred
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment is required
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Basic computer skills are highly preferred
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs