Catholic Health Services Pharmacy Technician (Internal Position) in Rockville Centre, New York
Pharmacy Technician (Internal Position) Facility:Mercy Hospital Location:Rockville Centre, NY Department:Pharmacy Category:Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule:Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift:Evening shift Hours:varied hours ReqNum:6041463
Pharmacy TechnicianPharmacyFull-Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days8:00AM-4:00PMRockville Centre, NY
Explore a career with Mercy Hospital a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist in the preparation and distribution of medications to patient care units.
Key responsibilities include:
• Utilizes electronic medical record system to generate reports for medication fill.
• Check expiration dates of medications.
• Assembles and prepares parenteral medications.
• Fills medication cassettes and medication labels.
• Delivers medications to patient care areas.
• Maintains floor stock/Pyxis
• Inventory control.
• Pre-packs medications in ready-to-use format.
• Maintains equipment that are used for preparing and compounding medications.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Pharmacy Technician certification preferred
• Experience working in a hospital preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
A Member of the Catholic Health
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Click Here to Apply