Centene Corporation Specialty Pharmacy Nurse (RN) - Remote Pennsylvania in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Performs telephonic contact with patients of Exactus Pharmacy Solutions or those otherwise identified as requiring medication review through the Specialty pharmacy program. Assesses the health care and educational needs of the members with regard to medications, and communicates recommendations to prescribers as necessary. Assesses, monitors and evaluates medication care plans, services and outcomes to maximize the health/outcomes of members. Communicates with patients, providers, and members of health care team to ensures optimal patient care and improved outcomes. Ensures patient understanding of medication regimens. Recognizes and provides next steps for patients reporting adverse reactions or concerns with specialty medications. Provides injection/ administration training via phone to patients/caregivers as needed. Candidate Education: Required A High School or GED
Identifies member's health and educational needs.
- Communicates with providers regarding member's medication complications or needs.
- Provides guidance to patients on adverse medication reactions within scope and refers to pharmacist as necessary.
- Completes REMS product training and provides counseling for patients on subsequent cycles of available REMS products.
- Effectively integrates within a specialty pharmacy operations environment by providing patient education activities and coordinating patient therapy medication cycles.
- Collects clinical data as determined by the Clinical Programs and guidelines.
- Interacts continuously with member, family, physician(s), and other providers utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise to determine medical history and current status.
- Contacts physician's office as needed to verify dose/cycle length, and notifies of potential drug interactions, obtains alternate phone numbers, and discusses patient side effects as necessary.
- Contacts the patient’s treating physician to inform him/her of any previously unreported new symptoms, side effects, compliance issues and any other health related matters that were identified on the Clinical Assessment
- Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of protected health information. Reports critical incidents and information regarding quality of care issues.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines in day-to-day activities.
- Provides medication counseling for patients starting new medication regimens.
- Initiates patient enrollment into Specialty clinical programs to increase patient knowledge and customer base.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Additional Responsibilities:
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
Paid Time Off including paid holidays
Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
401(k) and stock purchase plans
Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Experience: Required 3+ years of experience in patient nursing and/or direct patient care
Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in NursingCandidate
Preferred 2+ years of experience in Specialty Pharmacy
Preferred 1+ year of experience in Oncology
Licenses and Certifications : Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
This position will be remote, needs to be in range of the office.
Shift: 8:30am – 5:00 EST or 9:00am – 5:30 EST
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Specialty Pharmacy Nurse (RN) - Remote Pennsylvania
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Centene Corporation Jobs