Cardinal Health Medication Reconciliation Pharmacy Technician in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
- Interact with patients admitted to the Hospital.
- Compile list of patients medications
- Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Tennessee Pharmacy Technician certification required
- National pharmacy technician certification (PTCB) required
- Out-patient, retail or community pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks ; Ability to evaluate operating conditions ; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs