Allscripts MS Systems Analyst/Pharmacy in New Hyde Park, New York
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The **Pharmacy System Analyst** will perform data collection, report detail and other technical issues associated with the use of Sunrise Pharmacy Applications.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work.
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations.
- Work with Pharmacy Informatics staff to understand the Business product-specific requirements and operational workflows and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration.
- Ensure vendor software meet technical specifications and standards of the Business team and staff.
- Interact with other Pharmacy Analyst, Pharmacy Informatics, Vendor and Project Manager during the application design, build, and testing process.
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute Functional, End to End and User Acceptance Testing test plans for new developed software releases by the vendor
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application.
- Perform scheduled application maintenance activities
- Interface with other application teams to assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in supporting Go Live activations and rollouts.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure quality of the deliverables as per the defined Northwell standards.
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity and knowledge transfer.
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined change control standards.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
- Provide production support for application issues.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 2 years Industry experience preferred or 2-5 years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred.
- Healthcare background with technical experience is preferred but not exclusive.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Visio, Client/server networking, peripherals (namely printers).
- Understanding of the basic concepts around HL7, particularly ADT and SIU transactions (expertise in HL7 not required)
- understanding of how multiple healthcare applications integrate with each other using HL7
- Solid MS Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience with any other EHR application front-end or at configuration level is a plus.
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- Not a remote work position. Office and facility on site visits are required
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the 24/7 operations of the healthcare system.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position