Aerotek Pharmacy Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The pharmacy technician will be working in the inpatient pharmacy where they will be performing tasks using PC software, automated dispensing technology and other computer applications, in charge of filling, dispensing, running prior authorizations, having customer interaction and answering their questions, and taking direction from the pharmacist to assist them as requested. Customer service and great patient care is important to the manager and team.
Primarily adult, limited to no pediatrics.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Requires registration with MN Board of Pharmacy, if first registered on/after 1/1/2013, need completion of a MNBOP approved employer based or vocational/technical training program.
Requires PTCB certification. (https://portal.ptcb.org/Certification/Verification/Search/form.aspx)
• Requires the performance of math calculations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and work with algebraic formulas
• Is expected to accurately read, transcribe, speak and understand verbal and written pharmaceutical terminology in English
• Must be able to utilize a computer to perform tasks using PC software, automated dispensing technology and other computer applications
• Experience working with automated dispensing cabinets (e.g., Omnicell, Pyxis).
• Experience repackaging medications in unit dose format.
• Experience with Epic.
• Inpatient experience preferred but willing to train those with only retail/outpatient experience. Do not require previous sterile mixing/compounding experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs