HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II in Margate, Florida
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Come be a part of the change! Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Pharmacy Technician II, *you will be required to workEvenings/Days with rotating weekends. *You will be responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
* Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures. * Prepare Sterile products to include: chemotherapy/hazardous drugs, parenteral products, sterile eye drops, irrigation solution and other sterile products * Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule. * Controlled substances are accurately dispensed with proper documentation. * Counting discrepancies and suspected diversion is immediately brought to the attention of a pharmacist. * Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
* Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations
- High school graduate or GED required
- 3 months sterile product compounding experience preferred
- 1 years of related pharmacy tech experience required
- ASHP Sterile Preparation Institutional Training Certification or similar preferred
- PTCB Certification preferred
- Applicable State Board of Pharmacy Registration required
Service Members and Veterans with experience in the following MOS / AFSC rates should meet the qualifications for this position: MOS 68Q and AFSC 4P0X1
HealthTrustis the supply chain solution for HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We have partnered with over 1,600 hospitals for their purchasing needs. Our organization has been continually recognized by Practice Greenhealth as being committed to environmentally responsible practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 08751-27307