Cardinal Health Pharmacy Technician in Madison, Wisconsin
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
- 40 hours weekly
- Monday - Friday
- Hours: 1:30am - 9:30am
- Some weekend work as needed 4:15m - 8:15am
- Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Pharmacist on a one-to-one ratio, the Nuclear Pharmacy Technician Trainee is being trained to:
- Learn how to use the Order Receipt and Order Entry systems by becoming familiar with customers, locations, drug names and dosages and customer dose specifications. Know the BOP (Board of Pharmacy) state laws and requirements for radioactive order or prescription. Learn how to identify failure modes.
- Under the direction of a Pharmacist, be able to elute generators and become proficient with dose calibrator, Moly-99 Assay, related calculations, and concentrations. Learn how to identify failure modes.
- Under the direction of a Pharmacist, be able to dispense prescriptions and compound by becoming proficient with vial set up, IV Hood USP 797 (United States Pharmacopeia) preparation, radioactive survey and decontamination, dose calibrator and GM (Geiger-Mueller) survey meter. Demonstrate ability to compound top 5 radioactive drugs and know the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) compliant technique. Demonstrate efficiency by being able to dispense a dose in under 90 seconds. Learn how to identify failure modes.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy, licensure as a Pharmacy Technician. Certification may be required
- Past experience as a Pharmacy Technician a plus
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity in order to dispense doses.
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must hold a valid driver's license in the state in which the pharmacy is located
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets).
- This job is to be performed entirely outside of Colorado
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
This job is to be performed entirely outside of Colorado
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD, etc.
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs