Kaiser Permanente Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II Required in Los Angeles, California
Under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive,and other non discretionary tasks, including removing drugs from stock, counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceutical.
Essential Functions:- Under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, may perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive, and other non discretionary tasks, including removing drugs from stock, counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceutical.- Placing product into a container.- Affixing label(s) onto container.- Packaging and repackaging.- Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
• CA Registered Pharmacy Technician.
• Successful completion of the Kaiser Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Program required.
• Working knowledge of current drug forms, dosage strengths, generic and trade name equivalents.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws / regulations regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
• Must be able to either type 30 wpm or 6,000 kph, or type prescription labels.
• Ability to learn and operate the pharmacy computer system and other equipment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time w/ frequent bending, stooping, lifting and reaching.
• Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical information.
• Lift or transport items of 1 - 50 lbs.
• Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must pass entrance exam and background check.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
• Must be willing to work at multiple locations, nights, evenings & weekends.
• Start/End times are variable
• Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
TITLE: Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II Required
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Kaiser Permanente Jobs