Penn Medicine Pharmacy Business Manager HCHS in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Pharmacy Business Manager HCHS
Job ID :105084
Job Category: Management/Leadership
Specialty Area: Management/Leadership
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Based on Department Needs
Penn Medicine Entity: Penn Medicine at Home
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Address: 625 Clark Ave
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Pharmacy Business Manager assists the Director of Pharmacy and HCHS Chief Operating Officer in strategic thinking, leading
the planning, implementation and execution of operational effectiveness, performance improvement, and data analytic
projects to ensure optimal pharmacy department performance. These activities include preparation of annual expense and
capital budget and monthly analytics for leadership team. Performs other functions including leading non-clinical staff to
support pharmacy operations, purchasing and 340B oversight.
• Develops effective strategies for accomplishing financial goals and objectives established by the PHIT Director of Pharmacy.
• Provides analysis of data and identifies gaps and trends in operational business development and distribution, while
identifying opportunities for process improvement.
• Forecasts requirements for financial resources for current and future pharmacy operations.
• Collects/compiles data and statistics for reports and correspondence as needed to support the pharmacy leadership team
• Leads performance improvement projects to achieve operational efficiencies.
• Managers non-clinical support functions and teams.
• In conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy develops and effectively manages department operating budgets, monitors
expenses and prepares monthly variance reports.
• Supports the Leadership Team in presenting strategic initiatives.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree Required Business or Healthcare
Administration or Accounting
Master's Degree MBA or related MS Preferred
3+ Years of Business or Healthcare Administration or
1+ Year of Pharmacy and infusion experience preferred
Previous experience in operating budgets, expenses or variance reports required
1+ Year of Previous managerial experience preferred
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs