Indiana University Health Pharmacy Technician (University Hospital, Pharmacy - Retail ATP) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Our specialty pharmacy program is growing and looking for experienced pharmacy technicians to join in non-traditional roles. This position will join our hematology oncology program and support cancer patients seen in IU Health facilities across the state. These unique roles are designed to help navigate our patients through the complexities of starting specialty medications. Team members are office based and are not involved in traditional pharmacy operations. Daily responsibilities include securing insurance prior authorizations, identifying financial assistance to reduce patient out of pocket, and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to break down barriers that delay or prevent our patients from beginning and continuing these therapies. Schedule is Monday – Friday day shift, includes no weekend/evenings/holidays, and offers the possibility for hybrid works schedules including remote work.
Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
Under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Requires Indiana Pharmacy Tech-In Training OR Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Requires Pharmacy Technician National Certification within one year of hire unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
• Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
• Requires ability to learn basic pharmacy technician skills in assigned areas and work under close supervision or under clearly defined procedures.
• Requires ability to learn effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires ability to learn and execute customer service skills.
• Requires basic proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications. REQNUMBER: 311558-OTHLOC-300000007212326