Cardinal Health Director of Pharmacy in Harrisonville, Missouri
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
The director of pharmacy is responsible for overseeing all medication storage and preparation in the health system or organization. The director of pharmacy ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements; and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Provides for the educational needs of health care professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures the integrity of the medication supply. Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Ensures strict control and accountability for medications dispensed to patients or distributed to floor stock.
- Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances.
- Ensures applicable continuing education records and licensure are maintained in department files.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Develops job descriptions and performance standards. Evaluates and counsels staff on their performance.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics. Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Provides for the educational needs of the pharmacy staff.
- Prepares a pharmacy budget annually.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and justifies all expenses exceeding budgeted targets.
- Ensures preparation and submission of patient charges and financial reports to administration in accordance with policy.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Pharmacy Degree (B.S. or PharmD)
- 1 to 5 years hospital experience with 3 to 5 years in a management position preferred
- Infusion or cancer center experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Proven P&L responsibility and results
- Ability to manage a team
- Proven customer service skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs