HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Resident in Gainesville, Florida
The Pharmacy practice resident fulfills the requirements of the PGY-1 Residency Program at North Florida Regional Medical Center.
This position provides clinical services, staffing services, on-call services, and drug information to patients, physicians, nurses, and other pharmacists as a primary responsibility. The pharmacy resident completes a longitudinal research project leading to the development of a manuscript for publication. The resident works on a number of additional projects, along with the primary longitudinal project, that lead to formal presentations at the regional residency conference and national pharmacy associations meetings. The Resident assists with the education of pharmacy students from colleges of pharmacy.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
12-month period from July 1 to June 30 (or time period designated by the program)
- Graduate from an ACPE-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) programrequired
- Hospital experience preferred
- The applicantmust have, or will soon have, a license to practice pharmacy in Florida at the time of starting the residency. Failure to attain Florida Pharmacist licensure may result in suspension or dismissal from the residency
- The applicantmust beeligible to work in the United States. North Florida Regional Medical Center cannot sponsor a visa.
- The applicantmust desireto be a highly motivated pharmacist wanting advanced education and training that leads to an enhanced level of professional pharmacy practice.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage and attention to detail.
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida —North Florida Regional Medical Center(NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017.
North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of HCA Healthcare. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 185 hospitals and more than 1,800 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Enjoy the following benefits and more:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Student loan repayment
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Resident
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00039-21536