Landmark Health Pharmacy Technician in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Support the Pharmacist and market by assisting with medication therapy management, patient safety, and quality initiatives. This position will be responsible for the implementation and tracking of pharmacist medication optimization recommendations, triaging incoming pharmacy tasks and referrals, and executing pharmacy reporting. The pharmacy technician will serve as a subject matter expert on Health Plan formularies and pharmacy benefits. This position will also be responsible for the market medication and supply closet which includes maintaining inventory, expired medications, and tracking provider usage and documentation.
• Contact community providers and prescribers via fax and phone regarding pharmacist recommendations, track status, triage pharmacy fax inbox for responses
• Follow up with Landmark and community providers regarding proposed medication changes
• Triage incoming Landmark Pharmacy tasks and referrals and track status
• Contact community pharmacies to verify co-pays and/or to investigate medication access issues on behalf of patients
• Educate and provide support to the market by answering questions about Health Plan formularies and pharmacy benefit packages including but not limited to prior authorizations process, B vs D determinations, Medicare prescription drug coverage determination process
• Provide support and guidance to patients and the market on medication adherence by actively communicating pill packaging, home delivery, and mail order solutions
• Execute pharmacy claims and/or quality reports, such as adherence, as needed to identify opportunities for Pharmacist consult
• Maintain the inventory for medications and supplies by running expired medication reports, restocking providers and reordering
• Maintain medical refrigerator, document daily temperatures and download temperature reports
• Ensure provider compliance by tracking medication and supply usage and documentation
• Ensure market compliance by verifying market is ordering Landmark approved medications/supplies and are managing inventory appropriately in the inventory system and following appropriate point of care medication administration procedures
• Provide support to the Pharmacist and the market during annual flu campaign
• Provide support to the Pharmacist and market on important operational and clinical tasks including but not limited to: care coordination, telephonic campaigns and surveys, transitions of care, medication therapy management (MTM), collection of clinical data and community provider records, market-based pilots
• Actively participates in the implementation of performance/quality improvement, patient engagement, and patient safety activities with the Landmark Team
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Active/current National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB, NCCT, or ExCPT) preferred
• Minimum three years of current/recent pharmacy or PBM experience preferred
• Preference given to candidates with geriatric or Medicare Part D experience
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that is constantly changing
• Excellent telephonic customer service
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.
Landmark Health requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Job Locations US-MI-Farmington Hills
Posted Date 10 hours ago (9/17/2021 12:32 PM)
Category Clinical Delivery Field
Type Regular Full-Time
Job ID 2021-6071
Remote Classification In-office/Onsite Critical
- Landmark Health Jobs