HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician in Falls Church, Virginia
Are you looking for a work environment as a Pharmacy Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Dominion Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Dominion Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees to include medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Technician like you to be a part of our team.
OurPharmacy Technicianswork under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist or Director of Pharmacy, to assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department. Such duties include: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies; and mixing medications with parenteral fluids. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist.
- You will process medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely; compound medications and IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms; appropriately package and dispense pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Operate and use appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follow the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- You will assist the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
- Collect patient-specific data to assist the pharmacist in designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and modifying patient pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe and economical patient care including screening for IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustments, allergies and non-formulary prescribing.
Dominion Hospital, a 116-bed freestanding mental healthcare facility located in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5 to 12, adolescents age 13 to 17 and adults age 18 and older. From our convenient location in suburban Falls Church, VA, we offer hope, help, encouragement, support and a full range of treatment options with a distinctive focus on crisis intervention and stabilization through our inpatient and partial hospitalization programs, as well as our strong outpatient referral network. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. We treat anxiety and bipolar disorders, depression, chemical dependency and substance abuse coupled with psychiatric illness, self-injury, suicidal behaviors, and many other emotional, behavioral and mental health issues. Our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center, a self-contained unit, is the first and only program in Northern Virginia to provide non-punitive interventions in therapeutically and medically appropriate inpatient and partial hospitalization (day) programs, as well as access to outpatient care in one comprehensive treatment center.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician through the Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) upon hire or obtain certification within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of 1 year of Pharmacy Tech experience in a hospital setting, including sterile compounding duties, required
- Full Time Part Time PRN
- Day Evening Night Mixed Shifts to include weekend and holiday requirements
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Virginia-Falls Church-Dominion Hospital - Falls Church
Requisition ID: 08409-23728