Kaiser Permanente VP, Acute Care & Infusion Pharmacy Program in Downey, California
Responsible for the development and execution of overall business line strategies to meet current service expectations, member growth and business expansion needs on a regional and national basis, across all acute care and hospital/ambulatory care infusion pharmacy programs. Primary areas of focus include strategic planning; coordination, implementation, development and evaluation of acute care and infusion pharmacy programs; identification and standardization of productivity and performance measures for specific clinician and inpatient care models; determination of resources to support implementation and support growth of initiatives; space planning and facility design; workflow standardization and consistency; usage of technology; management reporting systems; quality, management, and customer service programs and initiatives, and utilization of these items to provide excellence in high quality member services and prudent use of resources. This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
• Provides executive oversight for the National Pharmacy Acute and Infusion Care Pharmacy service lines.
• Serves as the executive national subject matter expert for hospital, inpatient, oncology, and infusion pharmacy care for Kaiser Permanente.
• Accountable for the development and execution of national strategies for the delivery of acute care and infusion pharmacy services, including the establishment of organizationally aligned policies, performance goals, timelines, and outcome measures.
• Responsible for prioritizing and adjusting the strategic plan and initiatives in response to organizational, regulatory or market driven imperatives.
• Builds strong collaborative relationships with other senior leaders within all markets/lines of business to ensure the efficient, effective, and consistent delivery of pharmacy services and care within pharmacy programs.
• Oversees development of evidence-based initiatives that focus on improvement of medication use outcomes and promote optimal use of resources.
• Works collaboratively with regional pharmacy leadership to seek out, promote and facilitate the rapid adoption and assimilation of identified national pharmacy initiatives and innovations in service, work methods, technology and clinical care which improve pharmacy service, quality, efficiency, and outcomes.
• Provides executive leadership in the assessment and evaluation of acute and infusion care pharmacy services to meet affordability targets, outcomes, and quality of care initiative goals.
• Oversees pharmacy and medication use regulatory compliance within the acute and infusion care pharmacy lines across the national program.
• Provides leadership for sterile compounding regulatory policies and compliance and oversees the development and implementation of projects to maximize compliance with applicable regulatory standards (i.e. BOP, USP 797/800).
• Collaborates with Pharmacy CFO and National and Regional leadership across all KP markets to assure appropriate resource utilization, scope, consistency and quality of operations and services within all acute care and infusion pharmacy programs.
• Responsible for all financial targets and performance metrics in the Acute Care and Infusion Pharmacy lines of business.
• Develops appropriate infrastructure to assure effective and efficient communications, operations, and performance measurements within the specific business line segment.
• Accountable for the identification, testing, and evaluation of best practices and innovations in service, work methods, informatics and operational systems which improve pharmacy service, quality, and productivity across acute care and infusion services across the National Program.
• Provides oversight of medication management tools within the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) and associated medication technology utilized within the acute care and infusion settings.
• Assures demonstrated successful best practices and innovations are shared and rapidly adopted and assimilated to all Acute Care and Infusion Pharmacy programs as applicable.
• Oversees development of medication order sets across markets that supports acute care and infusion services.
• In conjunction with the Regional Directors of Pharmacy, provides executive business line leadership, direction, decision making, oversight and support to assure all management personnel within acute care and infusion pharmacy programs actively support and assure compliance with the organization's Labor-Management Partnership agreements and other non-LMP labor agreements.
• Collaborates with Executive Pharmacy Leadership on strategies for Workforce Planning and Leadership Development, including recruitment and talent management (including post-graduate residencies and fellowships) across all acute care and infusion pharmacy programs.
• In conjunction with the VP, Pharmacy Controls, provides executive business line leadership, direction, decision-making and oversight to develop and implement an effective National Pharmacy Compliance program to ensure compliance with legislative, regulatory, accreditation standards, SOX controls and all applicable Kaiser Permanente policies in all inpatient and infusion pharmacy programs.
• Participates in professional conferences and publications to promote KP's position as a national pharmacy leader.
• Minimum seven (7) years of leadership-level experience and documented record of success in senior leadership level management of multi-hospital inpatient and oncology and infusion required.
• Minimum seven (7) years of business management experience and documented record of success in business leadership required.
• Pharm D required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Licensure as a registered pharmacist is required in one state where KP provides care (California, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, Virginia, Maryland, District of Colombia, Georgia, or Colorado)
• CA licensure is required within 1 year of employment
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale, complex and significant redesign, reorganization, performance improvement and change management efforts.
• Proven ability to balance execution of strategic vision through leadership and delegation, with a willingness and competence to make effective and timely decisions, to focus on execution, and to persevere in the face of significant challenges.
• Frequent travel to and within KP markets required.
• Proficiency with personal computer uses necessary for monitoring and reporting financial and operational performance.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize effective communication, presentation, financial management, and analytical skills required. Demonstrated track record of self-initiative, strategic thinking, and successful planning and innovation.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physician, pharmacy leaders and health care administrators.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in acute care and infusion pharmacy operations, systems, technology, and personnel management.
• Demonstrated ability to apply and utilize knowledge of quality management and medication safety processes, as well as Pharmacy and related Medical, Nursing, and other health care laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage professionals and others through influence and collaboration across multiple sites. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and direct peer group and interdisciplinary project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of personnel management principles and techniques.
• Proven ability to lead and manage through influence and change, achieve performance outcomes through others, and galvanize action through synthesis and interpretation of outcome data.
• Demonstrated success in meeting/exceeding performance expectations, with consistent delivery of results to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
• Proven ability to balance execution of the strategic vision through leadership and delegation, with a willingness and competence to dive into the details as required.
• Extensive knowledge of and leadership experience in quality oversight, accreditation and Federal and state regulatory
compliance, integrated care delivery systems and coordinated care.
• Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Health Services or Business Administration or related field. Pharmacy Residency preferred.
• Pharmacotherapy board certification preferred
TITLE: VP, Acute Care & Infusion Pharmacy Program
LOCATION: Downey, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Kaiser Permanente Jobs