UnityPoint Health Pharmacy Tech-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health Des Moines! UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is a family of four hospitals including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children's Hospital and Methodist West Hospital. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve our patients and visitors every day.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, manages scheduling of and preparation of chemotherapy, TPN’s, IV additive solutions, and irrigating solutions using aseptic technique in the laminar air flow hoods. Maintains and backups computer systems as needed. These services are provided to neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric customers.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Must be high school graduate or equivalent
· Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English
· Must have strong math skills, with some basic algebra
· Some college training preferred
P1 Students are highly preferred
· One year of experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy desirable
· Experience in a health care facility desirable
· Proficient in using computer systems
· Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist-Intern, if enrolled in a college of pharmacy, with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy within 30 days of employment
· Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or other national certification provider
· Must maintain a current Iowa Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist-Intern registration and be in good standing with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners
· Must provide a photocopy of a renewal certificate to the Pharmacy Management Team prior to the expiration date of current certificate
The following are performed on an as needed basis:
· This position may be assigned a specific mission in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH-DM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained
· Functions other than described above may be needed occasionally required to provide optimal patient care
Requisition ID: 2021-99893
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $16.21/Hr.
Name: Pharmacy- Luth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 3rd shift - 9p-7:30a. 7 days on 7 days off
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org