Walgreens Manager Pharmacy & Retail Ops Projects in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Use your project management skills to join one of the world’s largest healthcare replacement projects. Reporting to a director, you will work cross-functionally with the Business, IT, and Finance departments to replace the old legacy inventory and pharmacy fulfillment systems. The project is in the middle of the process and will be rolling out the stores in the next 18 months.
Leads the management of large projects and project teams under limited direction. Multiple projects and project teams may impact multiple functions within Pharmacy & Retail Operations and have a significant impact on the Company. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements. Provides general guidelines and parameters for staff functions; responsible for tactical and operational planning; has supervisory and budgetary responsibility (expense, assets, production, project). Subject matter expert for operations on processes, procedures, and systems-related strategies associated with the rollout to the field of any corporate initiatives.
• Manages medium to large size projects under limited direction.
• Establishes and monitors project requirements, priorities, and deadlines. Provides ongoing management of project from inception to completion.
• Manages a project team that is responsible for management of multiple project plans.
• Ensures quality and timeliness of project results. Ensures established budget is adhered to based upon project requirements. Identifies opportunities and correction of errors to ensure efficiency and mitigate exposure.
• Drives resolution of project conflicts. Consults and makes recommendations to senior management.
• Manages teams who are responsible for multiple projects from inception to completion.
• Manages activities of assigned project team.
• Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects.
• Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities. Responsible for effective rollout of future related system enhancements and processes, procedures associated with same.
• Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; develops and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive organization.
Job ID: 720393BR
Title: Manager Pharmacy & Retail Ops Projects
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Health Care-Pharmacy
Full Store Address: 1435 LAKE COOK RD,DEERFIELD,IL 60015
Full District Office Address: 1435 LAKE COOK RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05213-01155-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of Retail and/or Pharmacy Management , project management and/or business process experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of Retail and/or Pharmacy Management, project management and/or business process experience.
Experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
At least 1 year of experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Master’s Degree or MBA.
Knowledge of business practices as related to specialty area, such as IT, HR, eCommerce, etc.
Experience managing a budget to plan.
Documented completion of a project management training course. (PMI endorsement preferred)
Experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
Experience presenting and reporting on project plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project and Planview, etc.
- Walgreens Jobs