Billings Clinic Pharmacy Technician In Training - Inpatient Pharmacy in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Pharmacy Technician In Training - Inpatient Pharmacy
PHARMACY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00 - $16.30
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the delivery of quality pharmaceutical care and medication distribution as permitted by law.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Answers the telephone and assists customers seeking pharmaceutical care. Performs a variety of data entry and report generating tasks.
• Assists the pharmacist with all aspects of the Billings Clinic medication distribution system including compounding/admixing pharmaceutical preparations, unit-dosing medications, filling & restocking medication kits/trays, medication cart-fill, etc.
• Maintains adequate medication inventories and supplies to meet dispensing needs. Communicates to Pharmacy Purchasing any medications or supplies needed.
• Maintains an accurate controlled substance perpetual inventory via appropriate use of controlled substance vault or controlled substance records.
• Facilitates the delivery of all pharmaceuticals to meet the needs of the customer/patient.
• Maintains the pharmacy in a neat and organized condition.
• Enters medication charges and credits for the adjudication/reconciliation of patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
• Participates in quality improvement activities utilizing performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Educates and trains new pharmacy staff, as appropriate.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• High school graduate or equivalent
Licensure or Certifications
• Registration with the Board of Pharmacy as a Technician in Training, prior to start date.
• Previous healthcare experience preferred, but not necessary.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.