Billings Clinic Manager - Outpatient & Ambulatory Pharmacy Services in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Manager - Outpatient & Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
PHARMACY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours(Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE:
The Manager, Outpatient Pharmacy Services facilitates the development, implementation and
maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through safe, cost-effective drug
therapies. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures to formalize and implement the mission,
vision, and values of Billings Clinic. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice within
the retail and long-term care pharmacies.
Responsible for overseeing outpatient/retail, long term care pharmacy services, and the
Anticoagulation Clinic. Through long-term care services, also provides Pharmacist-In-Charge services
for facilities without internal pharmacies. Ensures the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services and
customer service. Works collaboratively with patient care teams to provide optimal care for
ambulatory pharmacy services and chronic disease state management. Works with leadership and
care teams to expand ambulatory pharmacy services.
Essential Job Functions
• In collaboration with physician leadership and other medical staff, administration, and other health care providers, develops and implements short and long range plans, and leads, develops and revises programs which enhance department services.
• Leads department in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with physicians and other Billings Clinic leadership to assure continuity in pursing service line/organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
• Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget.
• Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance for department and ensures compliance of department and staff.
• Develops, ret ains, recruits, and leads a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of Billings Clinic. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Participates in evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology and information management systems that support quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Regulatory standards
• Health care environments and trends
• Demonstration of leadership and empowerment principles
• Budgeting and fiscal controls
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic corporate compliance program
• Customer service and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Human resource management
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Application of leadership skills
• Adhering to human resource management policies, procedures and guidelines
• Budgeting and fiscal controls
• Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient/resident care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Interpret policies and procedures; identify non-compliance and take appropriate action
• Utilize time management concepts to maximize time effectively
• Work independently
• Maintains flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Become CPR certified
COMPLEXITY & DIFFICULTY:
• Decisions impacting human resource management may have legal implications
• Decisions concerning patient/resident care can have impact on service line and quality of care
• Decisions regarding budgeting and fiscal control have direct impact to the financial viability of the organization
4 year / Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy
Master or Doctorate of Pharmacy, preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience in retail and long-term care pharmacy, preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
Montana Pharmacist license required at hire.
Wyoming Pharmacist license required within 6 months, preferred.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.