Indiana University Health Pharmacy Technician II, Full-Time Day Shift - 6:30 am - 3:00 pm with 1 weekend per month requirement! in Avon, Indiana
We are looking for team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day. Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you!
IU Health West Hospital is a full-service 179 bed hospital for adults and children that continues to provide leading family-centered care in the heart of one of the fastest growing communities in Indiana since 2004. In 2019, West Hospital began an $83 million expansion that added three floors to two of its towers resulting in an additional 48 beds. All patient rooms are private to optimize comfort for each individual and their family, and our wealth of services includes intensive and progressive care units, medical-surgical units, maternity services and a special care nursery, technologically advanced surgical services, cardiac catherization labs serving interventional radiology cardiology and interventional radiology and 24/7 STEMI, on-site diagnostics, cancer services including on-site radiology oncology, women’s diagnostic services, a 24/7 emergency department with an observation unit serving adults and children, and an attached medical office building.
As a leader in promoting and preserving wellness, the IU Health West Hospital physicians and team members are highly skilled, experienced and committed to providing exceptional care and service, guided by our promise to providing relationship-centered care in a healing sanctuary environment.
The Pharmacy Tech II, under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors. Exercises sound judgement, anticipates potential issues and challenges in common situations and applies standard policies and procedures to determine solutions or escalation.
This is a fully benefitted, full-time day shift opportunity to work 6:30 am - 3:00 pm with 1 weekend per month requirement!
• 2+ years relevant experience preferred.
• Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
• Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
• Requires working knowledge and skills as a pharmacy technician in assigned areas and ability to work within established procedures under moderate supervision.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires effective customer service skills.
• Requires intermediate proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications. High School Diploma or GED required.
• Requires Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Pharmacy Technician National Certification required unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
#LI-ML1 REQNUMBER: 320400