WellStar Health Systems Pharmacy Manager - Hospital Operations - Days in Austell, Georgia
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar,our mission is simple, yet powerful:to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Manager Pharmacy shall plan, organize, and supervise all pharmaceutical and financial activities occurring in his/her respective pharmacy, Such proceedings shall comply with the policies and procedures established by the WellStar Health System, federal, state and local laws governing the practice of pharmacy, and the rules and standards established by the regulatory agencies (JACHO, Medicare, etc.) involved in provision of health care. The Manager Pharmacy reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited School/College of Pharmacy required. PharmD preferred.
• Advanced Management degree (MBA or MHA) preferred.
• Completion of a Pharmacy Residency Program preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
• Actively licensed and in good standing (no restrictions) with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy required
Required Minimum Experience:
• Oriented and knowledgeable in the specialized functions of a hospital pharmacy.
• Worked a minimum of three (3) years in a hospital pharmacy.
• Worked in a supervisory capacity in a hospital pharmacy for a minimum of one (1) year or in a clinical or
community setting for a period of two (2) years.
• General knowledge of hospital financial systems (responsibility reports, budgetary process, billing programs,
• Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and pharmacy purchasing
• Knowledge of the various pharmacy technologies available.
• Knowledge of computerized pharmacy systems; preferably hospital pharmacy based computer systems.
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulatory guidelines governing pharmaceutical practice and the
• use of controlled substances.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Ability to supervise both exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Ability to work with other Hospital and System leaders.
• Ability to address Medical Staff Leaders on issues pertaining to pharmacy
Connect With Us! (https://careers-wellstar.icims.com/jobs/67417/pharmacy-manager---hospital-operations---days/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336057786)
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Job ID 2021-67417
Position Type Full-Time
Facility WellStar Cobb Hospital
WellStar Health Systems
- WellStar Health Systems Jobs