HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician in Anchorage, Alaska
Pharmacy Technician Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Technician.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment for select roles and facilities.
As a Pharmacy Technician you will use your skills and compassion in caring for our patients as an integral part of the hospital pharmacy team. Members of that team consider themselves a family where each member works hard to support each other. We are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security.
- You will interact with hospital personnel both in person and by phone.
- You will accurately package and prepare medications for dispensing.
- You will transport medications and supplies to various areas of the hospital.
- You will perform daily Automated Dispensing Cabinet routines as assigned.
- You will help manage drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste. Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- National Certification (CPhT) required within 6 months of hire date.
- Active Alaska Registered pharmacy technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7931